About Us

My photo
Our names are Amanda & Megan. If you're reading this right now we can only assume that you are a fan of Straight No Chaser! We have had so many adventures in our journeys to see them that we needed a place to write them all down. Cue blog! We can only imagine the adventures will continue and we can't wait to see where they lead us.

3.01.2011

SNC Anonymous


So I know Amanda said we would be silent until after our Earth Science MTEL on Saturday, however, today, March 1, 2011, should be marked down in history as the day I completely lost my mind because of my addiction for Straight No Chaser! Many may have believed that it was gone way before now, however, up until this day rational thought was still possible. I equate this to a drug addict going through withdrawals and in dire need of a good fix. It has become a life or death situation…seriously!

I came to the realization today, or in reality I actually let myself acknowledge the fact, that Straight No Chaser will be in Gettysburg on June 10th and that there are a lot of Chasers attending this show.  Between the withdrawal symptoms that have been driving me crazy lately and my insane jealousy, I decided that something had to be done about this! Amanda and I had made the trek to Reading to see them on New Years’ Eve, why couldn’t we journey just a little bit farther to Gettysburg? Oh right, because it’s on a Friday in June and I’m a teacher (hence the distraction tactics and avoidance by my brain up until this day).

So what did I do? I came home from school and did some research! I knew that the tickets for the show would be worth it no matter what the price (duh! SNC is always worth it!), however, I knew that we would have to consider travel costs again. After finding out that hotels are fairly reasonable, I decided to email the principal at my school to see if it was possible for me to get this day off. Being a long term substitute, and not a full-time salaried employee, I have a feeling this will not be a problem (especially since the teacher I’m covering for is on maternity leave, and is planning on returning in May as long as everything goes according to plan).

So as I sit here patiently waiting for a reply…who am I kidding? I am a bundle of emotions, and patience sure isn’t one of them…I am debating SNC rehab, or letting this addiction become a full-blown, out-of-control, force that can no longer be tamed. The first step is admitting I have a problem, right? So, I guess this is an official invitation to all Chasers to SNC Anonymous…where all our Chaser needs are met with padded walls and opulent a cappella music.

Alright, back to a world of stars, volcanoes, oceans, earthquakes, and rocks. When Saturday is over, and I no longer have to force myself to focus on Earth Science, I know that the SNC addiction will become insurmountable. It still amazes me that this addiction can get continually worse. Just when I think it has reached its peak, something else happens to make the climb steeper. My hike up “Mount Straight No Chaser” can be demanding at times, but I have to say I love every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment